Primary Care Updates - updated November 5, 2013
In February 2011, the Central East LHIN took another major step in strengthening and further integrating primary care into local health planning by naming Dr. Christopher Jyu and Dr. Robert Drury as the Primary Care Leads for the Central East LHIN. These appointments were recently renewed with additional responsibility for vascular. To view their biographies, please click HERE.
This "Primary Care Updates" page has been created to support information sharing by Dr. Drury and Dr. Jyu with Primary Care providers from across the Central East LHIN.
Primary Care providers can contact Dr. Jyu and Dr. Drury through the Central East LHIN at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dr. Robert Drury and Dr. Christopher Jyu and the Central East LHIN hosted "Doc Talks", a series of physician-led OTN-supported webinars in July, August, September and October 2012 as the LHIN prepared to launch its 2013-2016 Integrated Health Service Plan. These CME accredited "Doc Talks" provided primary care providers with an opportunity to share their expertise by discussing key issues, challenges and opportunities from the perspective of primary care practitioners in five key areas.
Please click HERE to get to the OTN Webcasting Centre to view archived copies of the webinars. Please note that you may require an external speaker to hear the audio.
"Doc Talks - Information Resources"
- "Mental Health and Addictions"
- To download the Connex Directory of Services in the Central East LHIN for the Mental Health and Addictions session, please click HERE.
- "Creating a System of Care for Frail Seniors"
- To access the Regional Geriatric Program of Toronto website and its Toolkits and Libraries, please click here.
- "Diabetes and Vascular Health"
- Please click HERE for a one-pager developed to support Primary Care Providers in managing diabetes and vascular care.
- Please click HERE and HERE for additional specialist information presented during the videoconference.
- Please click HERE to access the latest information on diabetes resources to support healthcare providers and patients.
- Please click HERE to learn more about Self-Management Training for consumers and caregivers.
- "Palliative and End of Life Care"
- Please click HERE to access information on Palliative and End of Life Care resources in the Central East LHIN.
- Please click HERE for additional resources that may support health care service providers in discussing Palliative and End of Life Care with their patients and/or caregivers from the University ot Toronto's Joint Centre for Bioethics.
- "LHINs and Primary Care”
- Please click HERE to access information on the LHIN's Strategic Aims for the 2013-16 Integrated Health Service Plan (IHSP) and the role of Primary Care.
For more information on projects, events and additional opportunities for engagement, please click on the links below:
Please note that this is a page that you can subscribe to. To be alerted when new content is added to this page, please create a "MY PAGE" account and subscribe to Primary Care Updates.