Central East LHIN Code of Conduct - posted December 31, 2010
The Central East LHIN Code of Conduct, which was developed by LHIN staff throughout 2010 and adopted by the LHIN's Board of Directors in November 2010, is intended to be a central guide and reference for all employees and the Board in support of day-to-day interactions and decision making, and to help employees and the Board work more effectively together. It is a tool for everyone to handle a variety of work situations some of which may be difficult such as managing workplace conflict, or coping with ethical dilemmas such as making decisions that ensure employees and Board members avoid a conflict-of-interest situation.
“The Code of Conduct provides the standards of business conduct and ethics that are expected of every one of us, regardless of our position at the CE LHIN.”
Chief Executive Officer, CE LHIN
The Code was developed based on the following Guiding Principles:
- We support the CE LHIN’s Mission, Vision and Values in our daily activities
- We act with honesty and integrity as public servants
- We treat others with respect and value differences
- We maintain a professional, safe and supportive working environment
- We acknowledge conflicts and manage them responsibly and timely
- We declare and proactively manage conflicts of interest
- We respect and maintain privacy and confidentiality
- We are accountable for our actions and decisions
- We consistently, fairly, and equitably apply CE LHIN policies and procedures
Who does the Code apply to?
The Code was developed to support and guide all work practices at the CE LHIN and as such applies to all employees and Board members. This includes anyone who works on contract with the CE LHIN organization, including contractors, students and consultants. The CE LHIN encourages its community partners to adopt and maintain a similar Code of Conduct and Guiding principles to those outlined in the Code.
Download a copy
To download a pdf of the Central East LHIN Code of Conduct, please click here.
If you choose to adopt this same Code of Conduct for your own organization, please acknowledge the Central East LHIN by noting that “This Code of Conduct was developed by Central East Local Health Integration Network and used with their permission.”
If you have any questions about this document, please contact the Central East LHIN via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.